How can I help?
Ah, the well-mannered dog! Such a joy to live with! Whether your dog is young or old, new to you or an established family member, let’s teach him some new manners or polish old, forgotten ones.
Let’s create a customized training program for the manners you need most:
- attention (responding to his name)
- hand targeting (a great way to move your dog around in space or get his attention away from distractions)
- sit,down, stay
- relax on your dog bed
- leave it
- drop it
- load up (into the car, or onto the couch or bed)
- loose leash walking (no pulling!)
- recall (come when called)
Let’s create a customized training program for whatever worries you:
- barking or lunging at other dogs or people
- issues with your baby or toddler or children
- hiding behind you outside or at the dog park
- eating things he shouldn’t off the ground
- refusing to leave your apartment or walk on leash
- fighting pills or nail clipping or ear cleaning or eye drops
- growling at you when he’s eating
- pottying in the wrong places
- barking more than you or your neighbors would like
- destroying your home
- even biting—let me know what’s going on and we’ll tackle it
My Training Approach
Animal training is both a science and an art. There are many labels for the type of training that I do: Positive reinforcement training, clicker training, humane training, relationship based training, and force-free training. I believe dog trainers and behavior consultants should adhere to the same standards as medical physicians: First, Do No Harm.
My ultimate goal is to support clients in creating behavior change in their animals, but I will not use force, fear, intimidation, or pain to reach our goals. In short, effectiveness is not enough. I adhere to the humane hierarchy and the principles of LIMA (Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive) in order to ensure that the animals I work with have the highest welfare possible during the behavior modification process. Learning theory applies to all species of animals – including humans – and I am as passionate about facilitating your growth as I am about training your canine companion.
Let’s Get Started: 2 Steps to Reach Your Training Goals
Step 1: Your Initial Training Consult
I’d love to work with you. If you feel I’m the right dog trainer for you, the first step is your initial consult.
I’ll come to your home for convenience. I’ll take a history, meet your dog, and listen to your training goals. Then we’ll formulate a personalized plan, and schedule your training. And I won’t leave before we’ve started some foundation exercises, answered your pressing questions, and put a management plan in place for some immediate relief.
2 hours: R800
Step 2: Your Customized Training Package
Your personalized training plan will be just that: personalized. We’ll create a plan specific to your goals and your busy lifestyle. Tailored to your dog’s unique personality and drives.
Take the Leash sessions: R500 for 60 minutes
Hand Over the Leash sessions: R500 for 60 minutes
Why Hand Me the Leash?
Many of my clients choose to Hand Over The Leash and have me do their training for them. We’re busy people. Adding daily dog training practice sessions to an already over-burdened schedule often just isn’t feasible.
Here are the advantages of letting me train for you:
Stronger, more lasting results
Progress while you work
Peace of mind
Let’s Get Started: Book Your Session
I service the Centurion and surrounding areas